Forward regulatory plan
The Canadian Grain Commission’s Forward Regulatory Plan for 2020 to 2022
- is a publicly available list, with descriptions, of planned or anticipated regulatory changes (regulatory initiatives) that Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada intends to propose or finalize within a 2-year period.
- may include regulatory initiatives that are planned to come forward over a longer time frame and that are indicated as long term.
There is one regulatory initiative for 2020-2022. This information is up to date as of September 2020.
The Canadian Grain Commission has a multi-year plan to review its existing regulations. For further information, please see the Regulatory Stock Review Plan.
This Forward Regulatory Plan also includes initiatives that were identified in the Regulatory Review Sectoral Roadmap. See the Agri-food and Aquaculture Regulatory Review Roadmap for details.
Forward regulatory plans are intended to help Canadians, including businesses, Indigenous peoples and trading partners, plan for the following:
- opportunities to provide their feedback during regulatory development
- future regulatory changes
The Forward Regulatory Plan briefly describes each regulatory initiative and includes information such as the following:
- who may be affected by a regulatory initiative
- regulatory cooperation efforts undertaken or planned
- opportunities for public consultation
- links to related information or analysis
- Canadian Grain Commission’s contact information
The Forward Regulatory Plan will be updated over time to reflect items such as the following:
- progress in regulatory development
- changes to Canadian Grain Commission’s regulatory priorities or its operating environment
Consult the Canadian Grain Commission’s acts and regulations webpage for
- a list of acts and regulations administered by the Canadian Grain Commission
- further information on the Canadian Grain Commission’s implementation of government-wide regulatory management initiatives
- Date modified: